Very interested onlooker

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Fri Sep 26 11:52:56 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I have been on this list a few days and thought it only decent to
introduce my presence.
I am using Linux (Mandrake, now Mandriva) since 1999 and discovered the
Freerunner at about the same time that rumours started to appear about
what is now the Android phone platform.

So far I have not gotten either a Freerunner, but with the latest things
around Android I am more moving towards the OpenMoko concept.

At this moment I use a Qtek WinMo PDA/Phone. I don't call or SMS a lot,
I mainly use it for addresses, agenda and some text editting. I have
some big questions concerning the Freerunner, and I hope someone here is
able to tell me the answers:

Is the Freerunner able to run a PIM-like application (if so, what would
that be)?
Would I be able to take calls through Bluetooth (I have a Parrot Minikit
handsfreeset in the car)?
Is there a possibility to install, for instance, Abiword on the
Freerunner? I have seen in the archives and on the Wiki that people have
installed Gentoo and Debian on the MicroSD card, so that sounds positive.

Looking forward to your responses, and hoping they are all positive!!
The Freerunner videos on Youtube that I have seen so far look very
promising.  :-)

Paul
Netherlands

--
Judge a tree from its fruit; not from the leaves.
-Euripedes

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running on Mandriva Linux 2008 and Ubuntu 8.04