[OM 2008.9] Keyboard discussion

Christoph Siegenthaler csi at gmx.ch
Fri Sep 26 13:14:54 CEST 2008

The more I use my FR the less I like the current input methods. Raster's keyboard is a great improvement but still hardly useful if you're typing in a language other then english (e.g. swiss german).

Well, I've got a few questions regarding input methods:
- Is it possible to use qtopia handwriting recognition with om? What about the its configuration tools? Is there an openmoko project to create something similar?
- A few weeks ago, someone posted a mockup of a partly transparent keyboard covering the whole screen (Can't find the post atm). I think this is a great idea to increase tapping space while typing on such a small screen. Has someone already tried to code something like this?

Best regards, Chris

P.S. Why can't the default openmoko images not provide "descent" alsa state files?