Very interested onlooker

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Fri Sep 26 15:36:30 CEST 2008

Hello Minh (and others)

>  Trolltech ported Qtopia to the FIC Neo Freerunner and 1973 phone,
> I have never read about anybody daring to use evolution or kontact.

 From what I have seen online, about Qtopia, it looks good. Thank you.

> Don't expect that to work automagically. Pairing with a Bluetooth handsfreeset
> and routing GSM to it can be made to work. Here is the recipe:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Headset_Audio

Great, that looks like it's feasible. No rocket science.

> I have not read anything about Abiword on FreeRunner. Why anyone would use a
> smartphone for wordprocessing is beyond the understanding of mere a mortal
> like me. You need a real keyboard to do any serious typing.

*grin* I need "something to write on" for some daily scribbles, like a
short journal, once in a while. Abiword is not necessary, I don't need a
full fledged wordprocessor. Just was wondering.

I think I have enough info now, for which I thank you very much!

Paul
 (off to order a Freerunner...)