help building ipk packages

Nicolas Laurance nlaurance at
Fri Sep 26 16:05:16 CEST 2008

hi community gurus,

I've done my homework, at least I tried to, reading through the wiki and

still building a simple package remains a mystery to me

following the instructions of the wiki, regarding the setup of openembed
the monotone command always fail (at least 6 retries)::

$ mtn pull
mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
mtn: connecting to
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: certificates | keys | revisions
mtn:       76,060 |   76 |    25,058
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | certs in | revs in
mtn:     1.4 M |     1.3 M |        0 |       0
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out |    certs in | revs in
mtn:     3.1 M |     1.4 M | 1,797/4,018 | 441/991
mtn: error: I/O failure while talking to peer,

Time spent in user mode   (CPU seconds) : 3270.584s
Time spent in kernel mode (CPU seconds) : 49.617s
Total time                              : 4:22:48.15s

how can I build an ipk package out of a project source file ??

please, can someone, give a simple example, choosing a running program
of some kind, of the steps to follow
the bb recipe and the procedure to produce a small ipk

All I've found is scarecely documented, and is concerning a global image
for the moko.

many, many thanks