help building ipk packages

Nicolas Laurance nlaurance at zindep.com
Fri Sep 26 16:05:16 CEST 2008

hi community gurus,

I've done my homework, at least I tried to, reading through the wiki and
elsewhere

http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td1084542
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/BitBake_recipe
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MokoMakefile
http://faassen.n--tree.net/blog/view/weblog/2007/09/26/0
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Customizing_the_Openmoko_Distribution#Adding_Python_scripts_as_applications
http://handhelds.org/~pb/bitbake.pdf

still building a simple package remains a mystery to me

following the instructions of the wiki, regarding the setup of openembed
the monotone command always fail (at least 6 retries)::

$ mtn --db=OE.mtn pull monotone.openembedded.org org.openembedded.dev
mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
mtn: connecting to monotone.openembedded.org
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: certificates | keys | revisions
mtn:       76,060 |   76 |    25,058
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | certs in | revs in
mtn:     1.4 M |     1.3 M |        0 |       0
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out |    certs in | revs in
mtn:     3.1 M |     1.4 M | 1,797/4,018 | 441/991
mtn: error: I/O failure while talking to peer monotone.openembedded.org,
disconnecting

Time spent in user mode   (CPU seconds) : 3270.584s
Time spent in kernel mode (CPU seconds) : 49.617s
Total time                              : 4:22:48.15s

----

However, MY QUESTION IS :

how can I build an ipk package out of a project source file ??

please, can someone, give a simple example, choosing a running program
of some kind, of the steps to follow
the bb recipe and the procedure to produce a small ipk

All I've found is scarecely documented, and is concerning a global image
for the moko.

many, many thanks

NiL