Install Debian without internet access

Christian Weßel wesselch at
Fri Sep 26 20:57:16 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 26.09.2008, 16:54 +0000 schrieb Matthias Camenzind:
> Hi,
> I can't connect to the internet from my freerunner. Usb network and ssh is working. Wifi and bluetooth is not working. I would like to install debian, because i think on debian wifi should work.
> Freerunner: Om2007.2 (over terminal i can install ipk-packages, but dependences are to deep to load every file manually)
> Freerunner SD(2GB): Om2008 (wifi finds an unsecured net, but is not able to connect)
> Laptop: Ubuntu 8.04 (I tried to install a dhcp router but didn't work. I tried also forwadings over iptables but didn't work)
> Has someone some ideas wich could help me?

I act also very long time with my iptables till it works fine.

I need to run following commands at my server/notebook:
> iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -s -j ACCEPT

> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE -s

> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s -d
--dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination

> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -s -d
--dport 53 -j DNAT --to-destination

> sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

> iptables-save

...and on my FR I set the nameserver to my common one:
> echo nameserver>/etc/resolv.conf

the sysctl command is most important, otherwise, the forwarding won't
That's all.

mfg/br, christian

Flurstraße 14
29640 Schneverdingen