Install Debian without internet access

Charles-Henri Gros charles-henri.gros+openmoko at m4x.org
Sat Sep 27 04:14:27 CEST 2008

Matthias Camenzind wrote:
> I tried but allways the same error on first line: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

You might need extra kernel modules. Could you give the exact error message?

What I use is this:

iface usb0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.200
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        post-up iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s
192.168.0.0/24
        post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        post-up iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

+ in /etc/udev/rules.d/z60_openmoko.rules
KERNEL=="usb0", SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add",    RUN+="/sbin/ifup usb0"
KERNEL=="usb0", SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="remove",
RUN+="/sbin/ifdown usb0"

Of course you also need something like this on your freerunner:

iface usb0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.202
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.0.0
        gateway 192.168.0.200

As for your wifi problem, could you give more details? Can you connect
your laptop? What exactly are you trying, and what errors do you get?

--
Charles-Henri