My Suggestions for FDOM

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 05:28:15 CEST 2008

El jue, 25-09-2008 a las 23:44 +0100, Tim Dobson escribió:
> Hi there,
> I've just moved to FDOM and I love it.
>
> I have a few ideas to make it better - these aren't criticisms - it's
> great at the moment - these are just ideas to make it better - I don't
> expect anyone to agree about all of them, but these are suggestions...
>
> # Midori(with the settings tweaked) is better for the screensize than
> minimo - I find it more usable
Please pass me a link to how to tweak it I will take a look

> # accel-rotate program, or a way to start/stop it - this is a simple
> script to use the accelerometers to rotate with xrandr. It seems quite
> stable. An ipkg is available - http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Rotate
a way to easyly start/stop will be helpfull

> When I was running 22007.2, two cool programs I had from Angstrom were:
>
> # Quasar - a x11 mplayer front end.
> This is not perfect for the freerunner - it ideally needs some UI work
> doing (more than just setting tweaking), especially on it's fonts,
> however, i have launched mpg QVGA videos with it and watched them as
> well as listening to music with it.
used pythm isted but I take a look at Quasar

> # Claws Mail
> A lightweight mail client - with a bit of UI tweaking from the view menu
> makes a completely usable mail client. Since we have qmail, I guess this
> is not necessary, but it's a thought.
>
> # FBreader?
> I would love to see an ebook reader but I think there are big dependency
> issues here :(
>
> # Games
> Personally, I would prefer to get rid of sudoku and to possibly to get
> kobodeluxe on there.
> Though not ready yet, keeping an eye on
> http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/accelgame might be good.
>
> # lint-wifi
> Personally, I prefer lint-wifi to mofi. I really like being able to see
> the network info it displays (ie IP, DNS DDHCP) as it helps
> troubleshooting stuff when things dont work :P
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Lint-wifi
>

> # wpa_supplicant.conf
> Possibly modify the default the wpa_supplicant.conf to automatically
> connect to unencrypted wifi hotspots? :-/
>
> I can't help too much - my stupid OM setup script - (givemeteh)apppznow
> is pretty much obsolete as a result of FDOM :) so I will help in the
> ways I can. I have joined the development list and considering all the
> spare high speed bandwidth I have, I've set up a mirror -
> http://files.tdobson.net/openmoko/freerunner/fadom/

We are also working in a script that way, any help well be apreciated
and I will taka a ook at your script too
> At some point soon I'll get rid of the 'a' in "fadom" :P
I have the mania of call it fsdom... so dont worry, please update the
mirror list in the wiki

> Cheers for the good work, keep it up! :D
Thank :)