kobodeluxe - how do you quit?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 15:17:11 CEST 2008

On Saturday 27 September 2008, Charles-Henri Gros wrote:
> Al Johnson wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 September 2008, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> >> I installed the kobodeluxe game for the kid, but we cant figure out how
> >> to exit it :(
> >>
> >> Even if you go through 5 new lives and get the menu, hitting quit with a
> >> stylus just takes you back into the game.  Ended up removing the
> >> battery.
> >>
> >> How?
> >
> > IIRC tap at the top of the screen moves menu selection up, tapping at the
> > bottom moves it down and tapping in the middle accepts the current menu
> > item. If you try to treat it as a point-and-click app by  tapping Quit
> > you end up accepting new game instead. Took me a while to work that one
> > out, usually after accidentally starting it when I was trying to scroll
> > through the Applications menu!
>
> Presumably it's this bug:
>
> https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1244#comment:41
>
> Priority "highest", but it hasn't been worked on in a while...
> It's affecting my work on Duke 3D, too

I don't think it's anything to do with that bug. It's running in portrait and
I think it's 480x640. The whole screen responds to touch which it wouldn't do
in 240x320 according to the bug report. I think it's just the way an app with
a keyboard interface was ported to work on a device with only a touchscreen.