[FDOM] dfu-error -71

Boris Wong lists.boris at bshed.com
Sat Sep 27 19:02:53 CEST 2008

I have had bad experience with the dfu_util before. It appeared almost
the same as your problem. It would download part way and show up as an

I originally had a USB extension cable to the back of my computer. Bad
idea. I ended up using the (fairly short) cable that came out of the box
and it worked perfectly. My connections are sometimes loose though.
Maybe this will help.


On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 13:42 +0200, rhn wrote:
> Hi
> I've just tried to flash my freerunner with the newest FDOM and ran into a problem with dfu-util.
> Long story short, here's the console output:
> [root at workhorse files]# ./dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D Fat_and_Dirty_OM.200809_20080927.rootfs.jffs2 
> dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
> This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
> Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
> Determining device status: state = appIDLE, status = 0
> Device really in Runtime Mode, send DFU detach request...
> Resetting USB...
> Opening USB Device...
> Found Runtime: [0x1d50:0x5119] devnum=13, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=6, name="rootfs"
> Claiming USB DFU Interface...
> Setting Alternate Setting ...
> Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
> dfuIDLE, continuing
> Transfer Size = 0x1000
> bytes_per_hash=2589982
> Starting download: [#######dfu_download error -71
> Error during download
> The device used to flash without errors and I can't find any explanation to this error code.
> The file's checksum is correct and it breaks always at the same place.
> I hope the FDOM team will be able to do something about it because I can't wait to try it out :)
> _______________________________________________
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
> http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community

More information about the community mailing list