Development environment suggestion ?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Sun Sep 28 09:51:40 CEST 2008

I had the same idea but not yet asked here, because the ability to try
it on older Linux versions would normally fail.
My problem is exactly the problem that my box is too old and more work
to upgrade to a newer version.

What about qemu to be used ?

How fast is virtualbox compared to qemu ?

Lothar

Am 27.09.2008 um 21:45 schrieb Andreas Wallin:

> Hello community lists !
> I just read the mail "call for community action"
>
> I would make som suggestions for making developing openmoko software
> more "easy".
> Why not create some virtual machines with all compilingtools and
> needed
> software installed to "get ready" for bugfixing/developing openmoko
> softwares.
>
> This may be virtualbox images.. Nothing fancy, just ubuntu with
> toolchain, maybe even a "ready" eclipse version. Publish this by
> torrents, Maybe even with "good" to go software used during
> development.
> I spent lots of time before i got a working environment to develop/
> debug
> my openmoko in.
>
> greetings !

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de