Mplayer,mplayer-svn and youtube

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at
Sun Sep 28 19:50:50 CEST 2008

GNUtoo at wrote:
> Hello,
> it'd like to be able to view youtube on the freerunner.
> I've tried the following script(found here:

> But there is 2 problems:
> *mplayer exits before the end of the video:
> # ./ YE7VzlLtp-4

Well, I never got it (if I remember right), but there could be also a
download problem... You could check the real video file url using

> MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team

> *sync problem between the audio and the video:
> i've tried:
> -fps 24 -correct-pts -framedrop with success on big buck bunny but not on
> gta4 trailer...

Well I never got that the videos you've mentioned, neither in portrait
and landscape mode. Could you post me the video IDs?
However check that mplayer is using oss and not alsa, since the first
one seems to be really faster...

> i've tried to compile mplayer-svn from oe with this patch:
> [CUT]

What should do that?

Treviño's World - Life and Linux