[OSX] AJZaurusUSB bug fix project

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Mon Sep 29 16:27:15 CEST 2008

Am 29.09.2008 um 16:17 schrieb Christ van Willegen:

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at computer.org> wrote:
>> So the only method is to have two Macs connected by Ethernet and do
>> kernel debugging
>> (http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Conceptual/KEXTConcept/KEXTConceptDebugger/hello_debugger.html
>> ).
>>
>> I have now a working setup for that and can single-step through the
>> driver, but
>> as usual in such situations, I can't reproduce any kernel panics any
>> more :-)
>
> Do the _models_ of the Mac need to be the same, or not?

No. You can even mix PowerPC and Intel Macs. Only requirement is the
same minor OS X release.

But I have seen a problem when debugging on the Intel machine and
running gdb on the PowerPC.
The reverse direction works (but I don't have checked if I have the
same versions of Xcode and gdb
on both machines).

> My ather bought an iMac (Intel) recently, and I have an older (G5)
> iMac. Both are on 10.5, with current updates. I could transport my
> machine to my father's house and debug it there...

Yes, that could work!