[Debian/gta02v5] zhone suspend not working anymore

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 17:38:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:52:48 +0200
Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Since over a week suspend isn't working anymore for me.

Perhaps this could be related to the recent re-opening of ticket #80:
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/80 - which reports problems with
the wakeup reason stuff?

I was previously using a (self-compiled) kernel built from the 'stable'
git.openmoko.org kernel branch, revision a1e97c611.  Last night I
updated to a kernel built from the latest revision (968c41d0c), and I
had similarly serious suspend problems (didn't seem to wake up at
all).  As far as I know, the latest OM kernel is still a1e97c611.

So, on the (tenuous) assumption that all the problems described here are
the same regression, I suspect either "fix-one-mmc-race.patch" or
"fix-glamo-idleclock-around-suspend.patch" of breaking things.  These
are the two commits between a1e97c611 and the revision described in
ticket #80 as causing trouble (ca19d1564).

In either case, when I get the chance, I intend to do a git bisect to
isolate my own problems between revision a1e97c611 and the current head.

Hoping that this is at least vaguely helpful,

Thomas White
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy
Electron Microscopy Group (PhD Student)
University of Cambridge / Downing College