Development environment suggestion ?

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:13:48 CEST 2008

2008/9/28 Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us>

> [...]
> What else should be here?  As it stands it serves my needs, but others'
> will of course differ.
>
> I thought about bitbake (which I don't use) but it seems to me that the
> added weight in the VM wouldn't be justified in the distributable form -
> thoughts?

It may be interesting in having a preconfigured set of subdirectoryes to use
OE with bitbake and mokomakefiles in them, for fso, shr, 2008.x.
These my contains only a base setup to preserve space, but it would be
interesting to have some development task already done, for the
cross-compiler, glibc, and other development tools (gtk/qt and so on), as
this is a really time wasting operation and a lot of peoples has problem in
setup them. Of course this will increase a lot the size of the vm, so it may
be included in a separated "fat and dirty sdk" :) or be downloadable with
the "base" wm.

+1 for the neo emulator

    Nicola