dead battery

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Sep 30 21:25:36 CEST 2008

A desktop charger for a Nokia BL-5c or BL-6c battery will do the job, at
least the two non-Nokia ones I've tried.  I've done it a few times.  I've
never let it sit on the charger until full, so I don't know if the charger
can recognize full charge on the FreeRunner battery or not, but left on the
charger for 15-20 minutes it will boot the FreeRunner.

The most readily-accessible source is likely to be a friend with a Nokia
phone using one of those batteries - several models over the past six or
eight years. (mine is a 6600)  If you know anyone with a nokia phone (now
or the past several years) it's worth asking them what battery it uses, if
they have a desktop charger, and if you can borrow it. (or keep it - if
they're not using the phone ask for the charger and battery ;)

http://n2.nabble.com/Can%27t-boot-Freerunner-without-battery---Was:-Re:-unable-to-start-up-freerunner-after-batterie-was-full-down-td526783.html