dead battery

Vince M. Clark vclark at
Tue Sep 30 21:35:56 CEST 2008

One more question. Maybe it will be obvious once I get my hands on a charger, but how do you actually connect the battery? Will it fit in an old Nokia phone? Or do you somehow connect the battery directly to the charger?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Newkirk" <freerunner at>
To: "List for Openmoko community discussion" <community at>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:25:36 PM (GMT-0700) America/Denver
Subject: Re: dead battery

A desktop charger for a Nokia BL-5c or BL-6c battery will do the job, at
least the two non-Nokia ones I've tried. I've done it a few times. I've
never let it sit on the charger until full, so I don't know if the charger
can recognize full charge on the FreeRunner battery or not, but left on the
charger for 15-20 minutes it will boot the FreeRunner.

The most readily-accessible source is likely to be a friend with a Nokia
phone using one of those batteries - several models over the past six or
eight years. (mine is a 6600) If you know anyone with a nokia phone (now
or the past several years) it's worth asking them what battery it uses, if
they have a desktop charger, and if you can borrow it. (or keep it - if
they're not using the phone ask for the charger and battery ;)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:04:07 -0600 (MDT), "Vince M. Clark"
<vclark at> wrote:
> My battery is completely drained so I cannot boot to charge it.
> The following thread offered three possible solutions:
> Does anyone know where I can get an external charger that will work with
> the Freerunner battery?
> Vince Clark
> vclark at
> (303) 493-6723