qemu

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Tue Sep 30 22:42:20 CEST 2008

In the course of working on my development VM, I installed qemu using
Mokomakefile.  It seems it installs a Qtopia image.

Can someone lead me by the hand, or point out a howto/faq I missed, that
clearly tells me how to set up other images with it, particularly FSO and
2008.9?  I know that I need to tell qemu it's "gta02fake" instead of
"gta01", but so far I've failed to get any images running with it apart
from the one Mokomakefile pulls in. (they timeout while flashing)

And is there any simple way to support having multiple images installed,
choosing among them at launch time?  All I can see for sure is how to
'flash' it with different images. (I've not used qemu much yet, so I still
haven't fully wrapped my brain around the various symlinks and env settings
affecting it) I'm hoping I can create desktop shortcuts to simple scripts
that fire up qemu with various images, without having to fire up
Mokomakefile and reflash each time - ideal would be fully independent, each
available image having its own SD etc.

Thanks for any info or advice.