Sean's speech at ESC about making a 3G device

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at
Thu Apr 2 19:04:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 05:38:42PM +0100, Justyn Butler wrote:
> A couple of days ago Sean made a speech at ESC.
> For anyone interested it is described here, with a video excerpt:
> He talks about the level of freedom the Freerunner offers people
> wanting to create a customized phone or those who want a development
> phone.
> He also explains what it would take to put 3G in the phones, saying
> that they'd do it (but the 3G part would be closed) if a customer put
> in a large enough order (ie 50,000 units).

You've just convinced me that, unless this changes, no OpenMoko with 3G
will get my money as far as I'm concerned :)

Today is Boomtime, the 19th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?