Transparent keyboard in illume

kimaidou kimaidou at
Fri Apr 3 13:40:23 CEST 2009

thanks for you reply. I would need some more help before running the
installation process. I will write a wiki page on when
My questions inside your text :

2009/4/3 Richard Kralovic <riso at>

> > I would like to know if there were some progress on easily installing
> > the transparent keyboard (qwo or anyone else) on SHR distribution.
> > I think the SHR distro could really benefit on this !
> Well, not much of progress. Some time ago, I set up an ipk feed for
> shr-unstable that I compiled myself, with all the patched stuff:
> There are also feeds for shr testing

I will use this since I run SHR testing

> and FSO milestone 5 (which is what I am currently using, so it's
> probably in a best shape):

I think SHR testing uses FSO5, so I have nothing to install, right ?

> So, basically it should just work if you add this to your opkg feeds:
> src/gz meru-all
> src/gz <>meru-armv4t
> src/gz<>meru-om-gta02

Are these lines command lines ? What should I copy / paste to my terminal to
add the correct feeds ?

After this, I will run opkg update

> Then you can just follow the instructions at
> and install all packages just by opkg install.

Is this correct (or do I need to add some more command lines ?):

#installing xserver-kdrive-glamo & xcompmgr
opkg install

#modifiy the file */etc/X11/Xserver
nano **/etc/X11/Xserver
And add *ARGS="$ARGS +extension Composite"

#creating a file to launch xcompmgr and load it
echo "xcompmgr &" > /etc/X11/Xsession.d/xcompmgr_start
chmod +x /etc/X11/Xsession.d/xcompmgr_start

#install qwo (+ imlib2 + libconfig) & e-wm
opkg install

This is all I understoof reading your email and the webpage. Can you please
comment / modify it ?

thanks !