Graphics Performance

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at
Fri Apr 3 15:03:09 CEST 2009

2009/4/3 Thomas White <taw at>

> [...]> The main one being of course the lack of documentation.
> The stack of paper on my desk says otherwise... :)
> (Seriously, the necessary documentation has been released, under NDA, to
> people who have said they're serious about working on drivers).

Some time ago we focused about the wasting of cpu cycles to wait for X
operations to complete (as no interrupts are exported to userspace). This
impacts a lot the system as you use accelerated graphics but you have to
hold and wait for it.
Are there working in progress to solve this, it may be in a drm module?