ffalarms 0.2.1 and atd-over-fso (now works on SHR-testing)

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Apr 4 01:23:19 CEST 2009

Am Sa  28. März 2009 schrieb Łukasz Pankowski:
> Hello
>
> I am the author of Finger friendly alarms [1].  Which I developed for
> Om 2008.12 up to version 0.2.
>
> I am happy to announce version 0.2.1 of ffalarms which adds support
> for SHR (tested on SHR testing) -- for this I ported atd to work on
> top of FSO Framework Time API (called atd-over-fso available from
> ffalarms download page [2]).  Version 0.2 also fixes Daylight Saving
> Time problem and adds several minor improvements, see [3] for
> installation instructions and detailed changes and [2] for downloads.
>
> Please report any problems or possible improvements (those may take
> long time to come :)).
>
> [1] http://ffalarms.projects.openmoko.org/
> [2] http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/?group_id=260
> [3] http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=488

Hey great work! :)
Have you considered to port cron as well as atd? I know it's a little bit more
demanding task, as we might want to modify crontab semantics to distinguish
between jobs that wake the phone and those who are handled the "traditional"
way. Also FSO might want to see a dbus interface to cron for *setting* new
alarms (if they make up their mind to move this functionality from the
designated PIMD to cron where it belongs to IMHO)

What's with batch(1) btw?

/jOERG