[openBmap] Version 0.2.0 released of the GSM cell, GPS logger

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Sun Apr 5 12:54:41 CEST 2009

Robin Paulson wrote:
 > 2009/4/5 Onen <onen.om at free.fr>:
 >> Did you use the packages directly from the FSO or SHR feeds, or manually
 >> downloaded the ipk?
 >
 > i got it from opkg.org, with the command-line supplied there:
 >
 > opkg install http://www.opkg.org/packages/openbmap-logger_0.2.0_all.ipk
 >
 > btw, i'm using 2008.12 - is that an issue?

Well I think it is. OpenBmap works on top of the freesmartphone.org
framework (FSO), and if I recall correclty, the 2008.12 distribution is
not based on it.

 >> The module is provided directly by the package and should be located
under
 >> [python site-package directory]/openbmap/logger.py
 >
 > sorry, i don't understand what [python site-package directory] means
 >
 > are you saying the path to logger.py is hard-coded in? if it's in a
 > location included in $PATH, does it need to be hard-coded?

The 'site-package' location contains python packages and modules. This
is in the path when you run python apps, for what I have understood. The
ipk try to put his package into this place, and expects the directory
structure given in my last email. This is hardcoded in the package, I
don't know how I can easily make the ipk to put it dynamically under the
current python site package path (maybe with pre/post script).
So this is hardcoded in the ipk where to put the logger.py, but this not
hardcoded in the program that the logger.py should be anywhere specific
(if found in the path, it works).

Hope I have been clear enough ;-) Let me know if this helps...

Onen