comments on callrec
Timo Juhani Lindfors
timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Tue Apr 7 12:37:34 CEST 2009
Tom <tom at stosb.com> writes:
> please make sure to send me bug reports/ideas/patches.
I did not test this yet but here are my comments based on reading the
* Thanks for using autotools. It helps a lot that simple autoreconf -i
&& ./configure && make && make install works and DESTDIR and
--prefix are respected.
* Code has comments, way to go! :-)
* #define GLADE_FILE "/usr/share/callrec/callrec.glade" is hardcoded
to source code and does not respect --prefix. This means I can not
install callrec as normal user to my home directory.
* There's a stray \r in the end of callrec.c
* Please consider making the state.patch with "diff -u" so that it has
< value.0 0
< value.1 0
> value.0 195
> value.1 195
is not very readable since you don't know what control it is
* There are three state files but only one patch. Which statefile is
the patch for? If you have time it would be nice to have some
discussion on what each control does. Does this program record both
parties of the conversation in the same channel or are they recorded
as different channels?
* The only license to distribute gartoon redux icon theme 1.7 is GPL
"This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; version 2 dated June, 1991."
This might be a problem for your GPLv3 or later application. However,
note that version 1.8 gives you a license to distribute it under later
"* Change license to GPL v2 or later."
More information about the community