Bying a Freerunner with the "buzz"-fix on it

Werner Almesberger werner at
Wed Apr 15 06:09:15 CEST 2009

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> There's a way to detect buzzfix by rapidly switching on and off MICBIAS and
> testing if you "hear" some buzz when recording from builtin mic. Werner has
> created a small program to do the switching job.

I'm actually not sure if this approach works. You can hear the
~40-50 Hz buzz that program (*) generates well enough, but when
I added a "buzzfix" capacitor, that artificial noise was still

It could be that I did something wrong, though, including not
actually applying the buzz fix.

- Werner