sunlight readable LCD
marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:01:09 CEST 2009
Joseph Reeves wrote on his blog about a bicycle app for the Neo .
I have always wanted to add cycling / sports functions to tangoGPS but
as the LCD is mostly unreadable in sunlight I felt there is little use.
After trying it a couple of times on my bike I soon started to leave
the Neo at home.
So I wonder about three things for better outdoor use:
1) How many of you would be interested in the following hardware
* sunlight readable LCD
* bigger LCD 3,5"+
* new ruggedized case or rubber shell (including a mean to nicely fix
in on a bike?)
* waterproof (substaintially more costs)
2) How much money would you spend on it? To give you an idea: the PSP
display with touchscreen can be bought on ebay for ~25$. A case may be
~20-30$ for volumes of 100+.
3) Last question: are there hardware people interested in
Please reply here on list with your interest!
More information about the community