[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 7

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Apr 16 11:26:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Roland <qtextended.kossel at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Franky,
>
> yesterday I installed a completely new system according to your
> instructions. Because I didn't get any USB connection (seems to be a
> windows
> problem) I tried different rootfs images. Currently I'm running MS5.1.
>
> I have found two problems so far:
>
> 1. The date can not be set through the GUI.
>
> 2. When receiving a call, the name is not found in the address book and the
> number of the caller seems to be only displayed if it is stored on the
> SIM-card (not address book). Example: I tried calling myself from my
> home-landline (number not in FreeRunner) and it just showed "Unknown". In
> my
> office I repeated this and it showed "Unknown" but as number "Roland/bp" -
> which is how it is stored on the SIM-card.
>
> One question: Do you recommend using qi or uboot? Or do both just work
> fine?

Hi Roland,

1) I never had any problems setting the date/time, no matter what the rootfs
used was. But, as I said before: when you set the date/time back to
something in the past, the clock service crashes and you need to restart
qtextended. Also the initial screen asks you for the date/time at first boot
after flashing, and that setting fails indeed, I need to set it afterwards
in the clock app again.
2) That I never experienced before. Although, for me it seems all my
contacts are on SIM *and* in the addressbook, so maybe that's a problem that
I never encountered before :-) I should empty my SIM and try again, but I
don't feel like doing that. Also, it seems saving a contact from the
received-call list doesn't work as expected ...
3) I use qi for booting.

Franky