sunlight readable LCD

Al Johnson openmoko at
Thu Apr 16 16:42:17 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009, Thomas Gstädtner wrote:
> If you're looking for _the perfect_ LCD for this job, have a look on
> the Boe Hydis HVT43WV1.
> 4.3" WVGA with probably the best sunlight-readability you can get on a
> colored screen.

It looks good on paper, but IIRC the Glamo won't drive more than 640x480. For
reference I assume this is the module you're suggesting:

Sharp and NEC both have transreflective panels at 480x640 in a suitable size
range, 3.7" and 3.5" respectively. Future Electronics sell them in small
quantities, but they're nt cheap that way.

Does anyone know how hard interfacing might be?