[android] koolu beta 6?
damianspriggs at mac.com
Sun Apr 19 20:57:28 CEST 2009
I tried it a few days ago:
- I liked the installation. They package everything in a single
tarball that you expand on your SD card. Boot from the card, and it
installs QI, kernel, and root fs. No mucking about trying to figure
out which kernel works with what release
- After the first time booting (which will take a very long time. Let
it sit for a while), it boots fairly quickly.
- UI is fast and responsive
- Connectivity just isn't there, at least for me. It would find my
open wifi, but kept dropping (even when I was sitting right next to
the base station. Could not connect to my service provider with any
sort of strength (AT&T). I get full bars in SHR.
- It seemed to "forget" settings. I changed the ringtones, and it went
back to the default
After not being able to use it as a phone, I went back to SHR. In all,
a good start, and something I'll be keeping my eyes on
On Apr 19, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Pieter Colpaert wrote:
> I never heard of this before. Anyone tried it yet? Is this a cupcake
> release (I just got used to the great soft keyboard in android 1.5!)?
> Is there somewhere a "working/not working" list available?
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
More information about the community