R: Re: [android] koolu beta 6?

narkos at iol.it narkos at iol.it
Mon Apr 20 00:03:19 CEST 2009

Just installed.
Very easy and fast.
simple test results:
GSM works! audio call
good, I didn't test how the receiver hears my voice.
WIFI got connected (but I
had to install qad-keybord to set the passwd) but browser is unable to load any
pages. I manually set the dns (with open dns) but it doesn't work; using th
enumeric ip address it works!
That's all for now

colpaert at gmail.com>, "List for Openmoko community discussion"<community at lists.
>Ogg: Re: [android] koolu beta 6?
>I tried it a few days ago:

>- I liked the installation. They package everything in a single

>tarball that you expand on your SD card. Boot from the card, and it

>installs QI, kernel, and root fs. No mucking about trying to figure
which kernel works with what release
>- After the first time booting (which
will take a very long time. Let
>it sit for a while), it boots fairly
>- UI is fast and responsive
>- Connectivity just isn't
there, at least for me. It would find my
>open wifi, but kept dropping (even
when I was sitting right next to
>the base station. Could not connect to my
service provider with any
>sort of strength (AT&T). I get full bars in SHR.

>- It seemed to "forget" settings. I changed the ringtones, and it went
to the default
>After not being able to use it as a phone, I went back to
SHR. In all,
>a good start, and something I'll be keeping my eyes on

>On Apr 19, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Pieter Colpaert wrote:
>> http://koolu.
>> I never heard of this before. Anyone tried it yet? Is
this a cupcake
>> release (I just got used to the great soft keyboard in
android 1.5!)?