backing up rootfs fails - after 40m FreeRunner continues booting

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 00:40:15 CEST 2009

2009/4/20 Bram Mertens <mertensb.mazda at gmail.com>:
> Is there a way to prevent this or to speed up the backup?  Or have it
> continue where it left off?  The backup is already 247M...

the obvious (to me, anyway), would be: how much of the stuff on there
do you need? i'm sure you can delete/copy over ssh some of the bigger
files, or uninstall some software. personally i have lots of software
installed that i got to test, and then never used again.

or are there any temp/cache/log files you can clean out? that might be
enough to bring it under 40 minutes

it should really allow you to back up the lot, but then there are lots
of things the software doesn't do yet