[SHR-Unstable] Forcing fast-charge
fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:22:52 CEST 2009
Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org> writes:
> Am So 19. April 2009 schrieb Rask Ingemann Lambertsen:
>> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 05:11:36PM -0700, Mike Montour wrote:
>> > chg_curlim controls the battery charger, while usb_curlim controls the
>> > total current that can be drawn from the USB port (charging + the
>> > current used by the Freerunner).
>> Note that whenever you set usb_curlim (directly or indirectly by
>> plugging in power), chg_curlim is set to the new value of usb_curlim.
> where do you find this info? I've checked shortly and e.g. 18.104.22.168 doesn't
> mention this relation. Maybe I didn't realize the important part?
* We limit the charging current to be the USB current limit.
* The reason is that on pcf50633, when it enters PMU Standby mode,
* which it does when the device goes "off", the USB current limit
* reverts to the variant default. In at least one common case, that
* default is 500mA. By setting the charging current to be the same
* as the USB limit we set here before PMU standby, we enforce it only
* using the correct amount of current even when the USB current limit
* gets reset to the wrong thing
Be free, use free (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) software!
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com
More information about the community