[All?] Dictator - the most undemocratic recording and dictation software ever

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 21 16:03:23 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009, kimaidou wrote:
> +1 for putting the gps information (lat, long, date and time, hpv dops) .
> But please, OSMers, could you please help to know what you prefer :
> * adding them into the wav file (or ogg file) metadata ? Which format ?
> Have you any clue how to do it ?
> * just create a text file with the same name as the wav file and containing
> this info
> * just name each wav file with the long and lat and date time ?
> Please help. I would love to have this too, but we need more precisions.

I've not tried audio mapping yet as while I'm cycling the wind noise tends to
drown me out. I'm tempted to try with a throat mic plugged into the moko
though, so long as there's an app that makes it sufficiently easy. A
background app that records both audio and tracklog with matching filenames,
and splits logs when the headset button is pressed sounds like the ideal, but
I may change my mind once I try ;-)