[All?] Dictator - the most undemocratic recording and dictation software ever

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Tue Apr 21 19:41:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have been using OSMtracker [1] for taking voice notes while biking,
using the phone headset/microphone.

I think it creates a GPX file with some anchors in it, pointing at the
wav files names, it has generated. While opening the GPX file under
JOSM, with wav files in the GPX directory, I get icons all over the
track that I can click to hear it.

This looks like this:
<trkpt lat="XX.XXXXXXXX" lon="XX.XXXXXXXX">
         <ele>74.8</ele>
         <time>2008-09-14T16:27:40Z</time>
       </trkpt>
     </trkseg>
   </trk>
<wpt lat="YY.YYYYYYYY" lon="YY.YYYYYYYY">
     <ele>126.30000000</ele>
     <name>voice</name>
     <desc>2008-09-14T15:41:19Z</desc>
     <link href="20080914_174113.wav" />
   </wpt>

For me, this is satisfying. I can upload the GPX to OSM website without
problem. The only drawback if I would be picky, would be the extra data
in the GPX that is sent to OSM for nothing.

Onen

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSMtracker