Buzz fix difficulty [was Re: US Buzz/GPS Fix]

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at
Thu Apr 23 00:36:37 CEST 2009

2009/4/22 Risto H. Kurppa <risto at>:
> off-topic but just to let everyone know that I got mine fixed today, a
> friend of mine with 'Advanced Soldering Skills' did it and it really
> seems to do the trick. Seeing him struggle with it (btw. the resistor
> is not only soldered but also glued -> not that easy to remove..) I
> wouldn't recommend anyone with only little experience try it. In a way
> it's difficult to really break things (yes, you might fill all the
> gaps between the components with the solder but ~its possible to
> remove) but.. you don't want to do it, you'll just make you feel bad
> but I warmly welcome everyone to get it fixed to be able to use your
> freerunner to actually call people :)
+1 on not to try without proper equipment and skills,components
involved are really really small
+1on encourage anyone able to do it by himself or by anyone else to do
it. Buzz fix+a7 alsa states=more than acceptable audio quality and