[Qtei] Which IDE for Development?

Mikko Husari husku at husku.net
Thu Apr 23 18:42:05 CEST 2009

Radek Polak wrote:
> Roland wrote:
>> how do you run (and debug) the Qte applications on your PC? I know that Qte
>> can be build for qtfb (or something like that) but I had some compile errors
>> and didn't try again. Do you use this?
> I write the application just as normal QT application. Running and
> debugging on regular QT/X11. When i am done with coding and debugging
> i just "port" the application to QTE.
>> How do you import the project into Qt Creator? Is there a project file in
>> the git repository or does Qt Creator work just with the Makefile?
> I start the app as normal QT application. Then i "port" it to QTE.
> This is possible because Qtopia contains all the classes as "big"
> QT has.
> It's my first application and first program that i wrote in C++ so
> there might appear problems with this approach, but right now it
> works just fine.
> Radek

Would you mind elaborating the steps of "porting" since your way of
development sounds good, it removes much of the hassle as its not needed
to cross-compile every so often. Do you mean by porting that you need to
make changes to your code, or to just compile it differently?

- -- husku
Version: GnuPG v2.0.10 (GNU/Linux)