USB Kernel problem with latest SHR unstable

Thomas Zimmermann zimmermann at vdm-design.de
Fri Apr 24 12:42:52 CEST 2009

Am Freitag 24 April 2009 12:20:00 schrieb Robin Paulson:
> 2009/4/24 Ben Thompson <bt4 at york.ac.uk>:
> ok, i'm confused now. why do i want to run this on my host? the
> problem's with the phone, isn't it?

I don't know why, but the interface name on my host changed. For me it's now
eth1.

dmesg looks like this when i plug in my neo:

usb 8-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 8-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1457, idProduct=5122
usb 8-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 8-1: Product: RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget
usb 8-1: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.29-rc3 with s3c2410_udc
usb 8-1: configuration #1 chosen from 2 choices
eth1 (cdc_ether): not using net_device_ops yet
eth1: register 'cdc_ether' at usb-0000:00:1d.3-1, CDC Ethernet Device,
00:1f:11:01:72:33
eth1: no IPv6 routers present

so if u look at the beginning of the last three lines you see the interface
name.

greets
Thomas