USB Kernel problem with latest SHR unstable

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at
Sun Apr 26 01:30:19 CEST 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 22:05:35 +0200
Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at> wrote:

> ok, but how did you get to fiddle on the phone? Do you mean you
> actually used a terminal app, did some kind of modprobe on the phone
> and it started working? And now you don't remember what it was ...
> does this mean after the next reboot, you don't have ssh access
> anymore? Do the SHR people test these images? I've been told every
> time again it's the host (ethX instead of usb0), but I seriously
> believe something is wrong with the generated images ... my host
> fedora 10 system doesn't give any output in /var/log/messages when I
> plug in the phone with newer images (any "old" image reacts just
> fine), while it does give me info when I boot the phone in the NOR
> menu to flash it. To prove it myself, I will *again* flash my phone
> with the latest image/kernel found in

ok, I just tested this kernel and it seems to be ok now:  it is eth1,
and I've adapted my qtextended install script a bit, so it doesn't use
the alias for the "rm" command.
For the record, I tried from this url, the
following rootfs and uImage:

Although I don't like the following kernel messages, could somebody
explain these?

Apr 26 00:26:20 om-gta02 user.err kernel: [21474817.485000] HDQ error: 1
Apr 26 00:26:20 om-gta02 kernel: [21474817.500000] HDQ
responds again