USB Kernel problem with latest SHR unstable

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 04:58:26 CEST 2009

2009/4/26 Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be>:
> ok, but how did you get to fiddle on the phone? Do you mean you
> actually used a terminal app, did some kind of modprobe on the phone

yes.

> and it started working? And now you don't remember what it was ... does
> this mean after the next reboot, you don't have ssh access anymore?

no, i can still ssh in after rebooting

> Do the SHR people test these images? I've been told every time again
> it's the host (ethX instead of usb0), but I seriously believe something

yes, eth4 on my laptop

> is wrong with the generated images ... my host fedora 10 system doesn't
> give any output in /var/log/messages when I plug in the phone with
> newer images (any "old" image reacts just fine), while it does give me
> info when I boot the phone in the NOR menu to flash it.

try dmesg, you'll see lots of errors from it trying to recognise the phone

when you try to connect to the phone, my understanding is it's talking
to a kernel module on the phone. the relevant module was not loaded
afaics. i ran lsmod on the phone, and nothing was returned. i think i
ran depmod, then modprobe ehci_usb (or maybe ehci_usb....) and depmod
again, then plugged it in, and lsusb (on the laptop) revealed it as
being connected (it wasn't previously shown)

i could always see the phone fine while it was booted to nor