[SHR-testing] save SMS messages to text file?

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Mon Apr 27 02:31:36 CEST 2009

this is what i use to dump the messages from my sim card to a text
file.  then i delete the messages on the sim card so i have room for new

a limit of 30 messages is entirely impractical.  that gets filled up
before noon arrives unless i constantly delete messages.

root at nibbly-bits:~# cat backup_messages.sh
d=$(date +%Y.%m.%d-%H%M)
mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.RetrieveMessagebook 'all' > messages-$d.txt