OpenMoko on HTC-Dream (Can anyone help?)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sat Aug 1 10:19:17 CEST 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009 22:02:34 GNUtoo wrote:
> http://linuxtogo.org/~lgorris/misc/playwav2.c
> with all the proprietary things removed and it worked
> so we should be able to have sound too
> but we need something that translate the dspish thing to an alsa thing
> in order to get out of the box support for all applications
> else we could port each library or application to the dsp-ish thing(such
> as mplayer,vlc,pulseaudio,libxine etc...)

I don't think porting every application is a viable approach. Your end-goal
should be full ALSA support, however as a first step, it might be enough to
teach FSO how to play sounds using this interface, since then you would have
at least event notifications (ringtone, incoming sms, alarm, etc.) plus the
option of a mediaplayer (using the FSO audio interface).

Cheers,

:M: