[fso] rules for bluetooth headset: BTHeadsetIsConnected() is always true

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 13:42:55 CEST 2009

On Saturday 01 August 2009, arne anka wrote:
> the rules listed for bt headsets
>
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Once_Again.2C_Blue
> >tooth_Headset_on_Freerunner
>
> use a filter
> BTHeadsetIsConnected()
>
> which seems to me quite unreliable.
> where does fso get its ideas from about connected headsets?
> - even if i disable bluetooth, still the filter applies
> - even if the headset ist off, the filter applies
> - even if Headset.Disconnect returns a Disconnect failed:
> org.bluez.Error.NotConnected, the filter applies
>
> that means, that gsmhandset.state never is loaded again, making it
> impossible to make or answer calls.

At present the headset connection seems to be read from the config file at
daemon startup, and doesn't seem changeable without editing the config file
and restarting the daemons. I can only assume the plan is to make these
changes in response to bluez signals, but that it hasn't been implemented yet.