Document with answers to most popular battery-related questions is ready

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:30:45 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at qi-hardware.com> writes:
>> Wolfgang, please consider making current measurement in suspend
>> easy. :)
>
> Yeah - I thought that's what we were talking about :-)
> I'm not sure about your TP/DMM/EE advice.

Hm, if the TPs are easily reachable i'd say that measuring voltage
over them is fairly easy. I don't think the guys working on suspend
consumption issues would need more. Also the kind of battery
receptable for BL-5C is very convenient to hook up an external PSU to
(even without soldering) so that's not really a problem as well.

> Isn't the Coulomb counter the perfect way to make precise data available to
> everybody? That was the point I was trying to get to.

The question is if in fact everybody needs precise data. Gta02 shows
that's not the case, at least that's how i see it. Both for end-users
and for app developer. And for me personally battery accessibility (i
can go to the nearest shop and buy a BL-6C in no time and for a fairly
low price) is far more important than accurate readings.

So let's wait and see what other folks say.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com