Document with answers to most popular battery-related questions is ready

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Sun Aug 2 21:37:53 CEST 2009

Paul,

> And for me personally battery accessibility (i can go to the nearest shop
> and buy a BL-6C in no time and for a fairly low price) is far more
> important than accurate readings.

Oh sure, totally agree with you.
The question for me is only whether the device should support the 3rd pin
on the battery connector.
One could imagine that the device normally ships with regular (non-CC)
batteries, but a SW developer interested in power consumption could use a CC
battery. Hey, for the NanoNotes we wouldn't even need to make special batteries
because the gat02 batteries fit, at least for development purposes (the
battery cover doesn't really fit anymore as I said).

So we could ship the device with the 3rd pin wired up, but without a CC battery
in the package. The CC battery would be the tool of choice for power
consumption work.

Like you said, let's see whether someone else speaks up...
Thanks for all your feedback so far,
Wolfgang