testing Litephone, new phone interface
helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon Aug 3 15:40:40 CEST 2009
Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> Litephone beta1 is available here:
* When the phone rings, please have litephone jump to the foreground.
Currently, I have to wade through several other running apps in order
to pick up the phone.
Also, if some other program were in the foreground, remember that.
Litephone should then reinstate the previous foreground app
when the call ends.
This is what you want if you use the phone as a gps map display,
or play some game. You want to pick up the phone, but
when you hang up, you want to continue with whatever you were doing.
* Similiar for SMS. Bring litephone to the foreground, if necessary.
If the user just close/delete the message, then reinstate the
previous foreground app. (But if the user do anything else in
litephone, assume he/she wants to keep litephone in the
foreground from now on. We don't want to do all sorts of
work and suddenly have litephone disappear upon deleting the
particular message that trigged the jump to the foreground. :-)
* Deleting a message (up-to-date SHR unstable) gives a screenful
of error messages. But the message was deleted.
* When I answer the phone, it rings and vibrates for a while after
I pressed "answer", before the call comes through. That is annoying.
I don't know if this can be improved in litephone, or if the
problem is in the framework or something.
* The contact list has a second column, with 8 names. This allows
quick jumping through the list to various positions. Excellent!
* Strange SMS view. Before, I could see who sent the message, and
the first part of the text. And often enough, the first part is
all I need to see. Some messages are short, just "call me" and such.
Now, I see who sent the message, and a strange number. (database
key???) This number is not useful, please bring back the
* Really long messages support scrolling. This is better than SHR. :-)
* When the user closes litephone, consider informing that
no further calls or SMS will be received. This may not be obvious to
all users, and phone functionality is an important part of the device.
Still, if you make such a dialog, also add the
"don't show this warning again" button for the expert users.
I might add this to the wiki - when/if the email address confirmation
comes through. :-/
More information about the community