[shr-u] navit - howto config navit.xml

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Tue Aug 4 17:27:10 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 06:23:09PM +0100, Tim Abell wrote:
> I also found I needed to disable the demo set.
>
> Tim Abell
>
> pike wrote:
> > I dont know if it helps you, but I had the
> > same until I *disabled* the demo mapset. It
> > seems only one mapset is allowed (perhaps,
> > or perhaps its something else - it doesnt mention
> > this in the wiki so i always assume i'm
> > crazy - if this helps we should update
> > the om wiki page to mention this, ehr, feature)
> >
> > you *can* put multiple maps in one mapset, though.
> >
> > good luck!
> > *-pike

I'm still having problems with this.  When I first encountered the
problem it was with the version of Navit provided by the SHR unstable
repository, and it was fixed when I downloaded and opkg installed one of
the nightly builds from the Navit site.  I have no idea why that worked,
but it did.

Since then I have re-flashed my Freerunner and I can't see to get Navit
to display the maps.  Navit starts up with no problem and I can see that
it has a fix, but the screen is just yellow -- no maps is displayed.  No
errors, but no map.

I would say it was a problem with the map binfile, but it had randomly
started working the other day when I installed a nightly build.  Anyone
have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Nathan