Reading binary messages

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Tue Aug 4 22:39:57 CEST 2009

On 2009.08.04.02.31, KaZeR wrote:

| Steven Le Roux wrote:
| >
| > Yes I'm pretty sure this is the case. I got one receiving an mms.
| >
| > But maybe Kazer wanted to ask if there is work to display mms...
| > (which are binary sms...)
| >

| Indeed, thoses are probably mms notifications, but i can't be sure.
| When receiving this kind of notifications, the FR should at least decline
| the reception or notify the service provider that it's unable to read this
| kind of messages. That way, at least with my operator, you would get a
| regular clear text sms with an url and password to read the message from a
| web browser.
|
| Can we reject these binary messages?

I got a crazy idea... why don't we actually _display_ mms messages? Is
this actually difficult or is it a matter of nobody having the time /
care to do it?

... research ...

OK, my new rough guess is that the issue is that MMS has some
carrier-specific configs?

The wiki discuss page mentions mmslib, which is actually a PHP library
that claims to decode MMS messages. Anyone play with that?

--Brock