[Fun] Have you ever wondered of the GPS chip accuracy?

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 01:03:07 CEST 2009

I think the chip accuracy has nothing to do with it. As I can see from
the picture, right now you just have reported speed at time points
connected with straight lines.
This is why it's so "hairy" - because it's a raw speed at 1 second
rate. What you want to do is to use some kind of filter, for example
"moving average" - it will make your data look like data from the
chip:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average

Leonti