[Fun] Have you ever wondered of the GPS chip accuracy?

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 08:07:15 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Leonti Bielski<prishelec at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the chip accuracy has ntothing to do with it. As I can see from
> the picture, right now you just have reported speed at time points
> connected with straight lines.

If you compare the green line with the "hairy" black one, you can see,
that the green is around where the black one has a *minimum*.

And the width of the hair is pretty much the "inaccuracy".

If I were calculate an average speed it would be about 5km/h more
than the reported speed (green). And btw, simple averaging affects
the dynamic of the curve.

Best regards,
 Laszlo