FSO Going Out of the Distro Business? - Questions

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:43:20 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Stefan Schmidt<stefan at openmoko.org> wrote:
> Why would we need that? At the moment Daniel and me are using SHR unstable as
> daily phone. That gives the framework a lot testing. We are also testing newer
> versions of the framework or the new fso-abyss muxer within SHR on these phones.
>
> So far this is working very well and we are happy that we can join forces with
> the SHR guys on this topic. Way to much time and energy was spent on creating
> images, feeds and other distro things while we could have spent this on the
> framework itself.

Does that also need, that SHR tries to migrate to 2.6.30 kernel?
Currently they are on 2.6.28.

Im asking because 2.6.30 kernel should contain many improvements (dumb
battery driver, glamo work, wifi improvement, gprs improvement, etc, etc),
so it would make sense (to me at least) that FSO wants to test their
framework against 2.6.30 kernel too.

What is the plan? Because if fso is bundled to shr, that obviously means
migrating to 2.6.30 depends upon shr decision.

Or who should do that job (ie. migration)?

Best regards,
 Laszlo