FSO Going Out of the Distro Business? - Questions

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:36:58 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Christophe M<meumeu1402 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !
> I agree with Sebastian ... I'm building the Qalee distribution on top of shr
[...]
>> It should be very easy to build on top on SHR.
>
> That's a pain to build a new distro on top of shr, I've spent a lot of time
> in removing un-needed thinks. It would have been easier if I had a basic
> image with only the minimum ...
> It's a reason I've used debian in a first step ( not the only one ) but
> community requested a version based on shr/fso ... I had to brack lot of
> think to get a minimal image ( and I'm not sure it doesn't contain uneeded
> thinks ) ...

Hi Christophe, you just anticipate me a bit, I'm just doing the same
of you branching shr-import, and trying to have qt4.5.2, kernel
2.6.30.1, qalee, litephone and my apps on it.
I agree, shr-import is not suited for branching new distributions dues
of it's bleeding edge nature, highly E customization/dependencies and
no effort on some alternative toolkits.
I'm waiting for further news about a common smartphone branch as of
Mickey's announce.
In the mean time, an shr-console-image.bb or shr-console-x11-image
(without illume, e* etc) may be very appreciated.

Regards

     Nicola